How Kimball & Beecher Creates a Comfortable Environment
by Dr. Beau Beecher, DDS on 6/6/2022
If you’re scared to visit the dentist, you’re not alone. Almost 80% of American adults fear going to the dentist. But avoiding the dentist for too long can lead to serious oral issues such as cavities, gum disease, and other preventable long-term medical problems. Luckily, the caring dentists at Kimball & Beecher will do everything possible to put you at ease. Read on to learn more about our approach.
Who is Kimball & Beecher?
We are a full-service, family-owned Iowa dental practice for both adults and children. There are six dental office locations including Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Marshalltown, Des Moines, and Iowa City. We provide a multitude of dental services that help prevent or treat a range of dental issues.
Whether you're a first-time dental patient or in every six months, a kind, friendly dentist is a must to help you feel at ease. Our Kimball & Beecher dental offices are renowned for employing empathetic dentists. Our offices are comfortable and relaxing. We’ve converted many terrified first-timers to regular patients, who are no longer afraid of visiting the dentist.
Your Comfort Comes First
It can be nerve-racking to go to the dentist. You see strange-looking tools lying on a tray or you hear loud machine noises that sound scary and painful. There are many common reasons people avoid going to the dentist, including:
- Afraid of pain
- Apprehensive of dental equipment
- Frightened of loud dental machine noises
- Embarrassed of current dental condition
- Afraid of repeating past negative experiences
- Scared of not being in control
We work differently at Kimball & Beecher. Your comfort is our priority. Here are a few ways we make our offices comfortable for every member of the family:
- You’ll be greeted by a friendly receptionist who will understand your needs and note any accommodations that will make you feel more comfortable.
- Once you’re seated, we’ll provide a heated neck wrap to help you relax, as well as a blanket and pillow to ensure your comfort.
- For those who would prefer to block out any noise, we have headphones and TVs so you can watch your favorite shows and take your mind off the work being done.
- If you’re still feeling anxious, we offer all patients the option for nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to help reduce stress levels.
- Our dentists will always explain exactly what they’re doing each step of the way. Feel free to ask any questions or let them know about your concerns.
We go above and beyond to make our patients comfortable. Please let our team know what we can do to create the ideal dental experience for you.
Empathetic Dental Services
Adults and children love Kimball and Beecher dentists and staff because we’re empathetic, kind, and fun. If a patient is fearful and wants a better understanding of a procedure, our dentists will walk them through the step-by-step process.
If you’d rather not know what happens because it will make you nervous, we understand that too. During your procedure or cleaning service, your dentist will periodically check in on how you’re feeling. Is there any pain? Are you comfortable? Many patients have praised us for our excellent bedside manner.
Your friends may have shared horror stories about a rude dentist with terrible bedside manner or a greedy dentist who tried to pressure them into a costly procedure. This is not the case with our dentists.
At Kimball & Beecher, your dentist takes time to understand your needs. He or she will listen carefully to any dental issues you may be experiencing and will thoughtfully strategize an appropriate solution. We always strive to provide compassionate care to our patients.
Schedule an Appointment at Kimball & Beecher
Don’t let fear get in the way of having a healthy smile. The Kimball & Beecher dentists will help you feel at ease. You’ll be so comfortable, you’ll wonder why you avoided the dentist for so long. Schedule an appointment today. We can’t wait to meet you and convert you into a relaxed, healthy dental patient.