What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots, typically made of titanium, that provide a permanent base to attach fixed replacement teeth to. Due to their long-term nature, dental implants are a popular alternative to dentures or bridges.
Dental implants function just like natural teeth, making them feel comfortable and secure. They’re most commonly used to replace failing or missing teeth, and can even replace a full set of upper or lower teeth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
There are many reasons dental implants have become a preferred choice for tooth replacement. Here are some of the advantages you can expect:
- Long-lasting. Dental implants are intended to be permanent. Unlike dentures, implants won’t shift or move over time.
- Natural appearance. Dental implants are designed to look and feel exactly like your own teeth so you can be self-confident in your smile.
- Less maintenance. Care for dental implants is especially easy. You don’t have to do any special cleaning or care, just brush and floss like normal.
- Fewer appointments. Because dental implants are fixed in place, they don’t require regular appointments to be adjusted by your dentist.
- High-strength. With dental implants you have your full bite force. This makes eating and chewing easier than traditional options like dentures.
Dental Implants at Kimball & Beecher
If you’re interested in dental implants as a tooth replacement option, schedule a consultation with a Kimball & Beecher dentist. We’ll work with you to develop an individual treatment plan that will address your specific needs and give you the smile you’ve always wanted.